Friday 31 August 2012

Dainty Doll

Dainty Doll edited
Dainty Doll By Nicola Roberts. Available at Boots

I'm sure you're all aware from my previous makeup posts that I am very much a woman of the fair-skinned variety. I'm so pale, infact, that even my Irish grandmother - hailing from a land where everyone is pale - frequently enquires as to wether or not I'm 'a little under the weather' as a result of my persistant pallor. Over the years I've come to adore having fair skin - especially as it enhances the drama of my love affair with red lipstick! However, the downside to being so pale is that the quest to find a foundtion to match my skintone and not render me a strange hue of orange has been difficult to say the least.

Step forward the 'Dainty Doll' range created by the Ivory skinned Nicole Roberts. Stocked in all large Boots stores and availabe online this little range has proved to be somewhat of a lifesaver for me. There are four shades within the collection and for the first time in known history the fairest was actually too fair for me!

As a result I wear shade '002' and I've found it's the closest (by a long shot) to the perfect match for me. The foundation itself has a lovely consistency and a little goes a long way (good job too - at £22 it is a little pricey!) It requires a little blending but once sunken offers flawless coverage that lasts all day. It can cling a little to dry areas so I would reccommend doubling up on pre application moisturisation if you're prone to dry patches but other than that I can't find much fault with it.

Although like I say it's a little on the pricier side it's well worth the investment in my eyes, especially if like me you've been searching for that lighter shade for a long time. To see the foundation 'in action' on myself click here or here for my previous makeup looks.

9 comments:

Rhi and Rach said...

Great post, I also have very pale skin and it annoys me when I really want to try certain foundations but just can't due to the shade range :(

This looks really nice though, but I do suffer from very dry skin so I'm not sure how it would work with that :/

- Rhi xx

Anonymous said...

YES another girl who's pale and not ashamed! I always end up buying a foundation a shade darker than mine because I can never find one...it's all well and good if you have been on holiday and got a tan but when it fades you're screwed! Never though to use Dainty Doll. I might just have to try it out. Nicola Roberts...good for something at least!

Gemma x

www.gemmasatire.blogspot.co.uk

Anonymous said...

Great post, I have been looking for a paler foundation as I have never been able to get one that matches my skin tone! Am planning to try this out as soon as I get the cash!

Em x

Anonymous said...

I've heard great things about dainty doll, I love the packaging tho,
Great post!

Sophie in the Sticks said...

the packaging looks great. I can imagine it must be so hard to find a light enough shade of foundation x

Unknown said...

Rhi - It is really frustrating isn't it?! Especially when you know that it would be a gorgeous one in terms of coverage! It is lovely but I would say maybe try + get a sample before you commit as £22 is a lot to loose out on if it doesn't quite work with your skin xo

Gemma - Hellz yeah! Pale + proud ha-ha! Tell me about it, in the Summer I do get a (freckly) hint of being darker than I am so it's best I leave all makeup buying until winter to be on the safe side ha-ha! I would definitely reccomend lovely :) xo

Em - Oh so glad you've found the review usefull! I would definitely advise it 100% I'm very glad I've now got it in my life xo

Jules - It's so pretty! And definitely a lovely product xo

Sophie - It does doesn't it? Really eyecatching + cute! Yeah it is a little hence why when I do I tend to cling to it and bang on about it forever :') xo

Beth T said...

I have this problem too, but the foundation looks great and I love the cute packaging :) Thank you for your comment on my blog; your blog is lovely and I'm now following! xx

Unknown said...

Beth - It's very frustrating isn't it :p it is lovely! And aww thankyou so much :) xo

Unknown said...

Love the packaging and name. I'll have to take a look tomorrow when i'm in town!
Claire x
www.prettywithapunch.blogspot.co.uk

Post a Comment